To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance, you will need to make an income verification appointment that we refer to as an Eligibility Determination Session (EDS). You should schedule your EDS appointment at least 30 calendar days prior to your closing date.
Please Note: You MUST complete your EDS appointment at least 21 calendar days prior to your closing date. Please keep this in mind when scheduling your appointment.
Please read and follow the instructions below to make an EDS appointment.
- Sign up online. Appointments are only available online on a first-come, first-served basis. Appointment slots are limited to funds available. NOTE: Appointments CANNOT be made by phone. Detailed instructions on how to sign up can be found here.
- The number of available appointments matches the currently available funds. Once these appointments are filled, the only open appointments will come as the result of a cancellation. No waiting list will be kept—buyers should check the registration site frequently for any new availability. Remember that you MUST complete your EDS appointment at least 21 calendar days prior to your closing date.
- Submit the two (2) required documents below within 24 hours of making your appointment. Documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE EMAIL. Failure to submit these documents within 24 hours or incomplete documents will automatically cancel your appointment. You will need to be able to submit electronic copies of the following documents:
a) Mortgage Preapproval from a NeighborhoodLIFT Approved Lender (REQUIRED)
b) Signed purchase and sale agreement, (signed by all parties) (REQUIRED)
c) Homebuyer education certificate, if it was completed within the past 12 months
(note: successful completion of the eight-hour HBE course is required prior to closing)
Your lender or real estate professional may be able to assist you with submitting these documents online.
- We will confirm scheduled appointment requests within 48 business hours from receipt of all documents. You will receive an email accepting the scheduled date and time—the email will state that your “appointment was accepted.” This is NOT a confirmation of your eligibility for the program.
- If you fail to submit all required documents within 24 hours, your appointment request will be cancelled. If you submit only partial documentation, your appointment request will be cancelled. You will receive an email letting you know your appointment request was cancelled.
- Attend your appointment to confirm eligibility and upload the necessary documents at least 72 hours prior to your appointment date and time. If you fail to upload these documents or fail to show up for your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled and you will be required to schedule a new appointment if/when appointments become available.
- You will receive a NeighborhoodLIFT Commitment Letter if you meet the eligibility requirements and your required documentation is confirmed. This typically happens within three business days of your Eligibility Determination Session.
- Your Lender must submit all required documents to NeighborWorks Southern Mass no less than 14 calendar days prior to your closing date.
For more information, please see our FAQ page.