NeighborWorks Southern Mass is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
Please be advised that all NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance funds were reserved at the June 29-30 event. These funds are currently NOT available. If more funds become available we will update this site after August 30, 2018.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $20,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($22,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians)
- Borrowers must choose from list of participating lenders
- Provides homebuyer education that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in the Boston area. View Income Limits. View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information
Properties qualified for the program must be:
- Located in Suffolk, Norfolk, Middlesex, Essex, or Plymouth County. View map.
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
If you are interested in the NeighborhoodLIFT Program, take the quiz below and find out if you are immediately eligible to start the application process.
See our Frequently Asked Questions Page