Since its inception in 1981, NeighborWorks Southern Mass (NWSOMA) has grown from a small revitalization program based in a single neighborhood in Quincy into a highly respected regional organization working in more than 25 communities across Southeastern Massachusetts. Each year, NWSOMA provides a wide variety of affordable housing opportunities, financial education and coaching services to hundreds of low-and moderate-income residents.
In recent years, NWSOMA has:
- Educated 7,000+ prospective homebuyers
- Assisted nearly 3,000 buyers in purchasing their first home
- Offered foreclosure prevention counseling to 2,200+ homeowners
- Provided personal finance training to 1,000+ households
- Helped 1,000+ homeowners make necessary repairs to their homes
- Provided lead paint abatement loans to 250+ homes